* When two populations are Geographically isolated from one another
* separated by distance or an impassable barrier
Eg: rising sea level
* The vast expanse of ocean that isolated the island from the main land function as a
geographical barrier to gene flow
* Thus, over generations, the island population diverges from the mainland species.
* Individuals of the diverging population may in turn colonize other islands in the
* The Hawaiian archipelago includes 19 islands and more than 100 atolls that stretch 1500
miles in the Pacific ocean.
* The habitats on the land masses of this archipelago range from lava beds, rain forest ,
and grasslands to dry woodlands and snow-capped peaks.
Thank you for reading this information..